Tidbits @ Kassemi

A collection of opinions, thoughts, tricks and misc. information.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Hahahaha....

I have to post this... It's one of those little stupidities that don't really cause any harm, but really kind of mess up your day....

I have a box running an svn server. I'm about to open that box up to the internet so that I can check out a copy and update my copy of a web application I'm working on via ssh on my host's server. I know the IP address, and I only want to allow connections from that server (I request a password, as well, but I'm kind of paranoid, and feel that the more levels of protection the better). So I ssh into the box from another box on my local network... I figure I'll quickly update iptables to block all requests that aren't from either my local network or the host's server. Since I have a default of accept on (It's behind firewall already, no traffic other than LAN hits it) iptables input...

$ iptables -P INPUT DROP

Ha! The bash prompt comes up... And every key I press doesn't get sent via ssh...

That's probably one of the funniest things I've done yet (my rm -rf /usr/ slip was just sad). So, I have to restart my box, and hit my pride. I've not had to reboot that box EVER (other than for first installing slackware on it), but since I don't have a monitor or keyboard for it at the moment, I'm going to have to... ARGH!

Take it easy,
James

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?